INFORMATION NOTICE ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
This information notice on the processing of personal data ("Information Notice") has been prepared by Mutlu Akü Ve Malzemeleri Sanayii Anonim Şirketi (“Company”) acting in the capacity of data controller in order to provide the data subjects with information on their rights related to personal data and sensitive personal data, which are specified in Articles 10 and 11 of the Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data ("LPPD").
For the purposes of this Information Notice,
"Personal data" means any kind of information related to an identified or identifiable natural person;
"Processing of personal data" means any procedures performed with data such as acquiring, recording, storing, maintaining, modifying, reorganizing, disclosing, transferring, taking over, making available and classifying, or preventing the use of, personal data with partly or fully automated methods or, provided that it is part of a data recording system, with non-automated methods;
"Sensitive personal data" shall mean data related to individuals' race, ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical beliefs, religion, sect or other beliefs, appearance and dressing, membership of association, foundation or trade-union, health, sexual life, criminal conviction and security measures, and biometrics and genetics.
- 1. About The Data Controller
Your personal data and your data that falls into the category of sensitive personal data may be processed by the Company for the purposes and within the scope specified in Article 2 of this Information Notice in accordance with the LPPD. The Company is accepted as data controller within the scope of the LPPD.
- 2. Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
The purposes of processing your personal data and sensitive personal data are conducting and concluding your job interviews related to your job application, implementing the Human Resources policies, and conducting the operations of, the Company and/or its group companies and/or subsidiaries, providing staff that is suitable for the open positions in accordance with human resources policies, and ensuring that the Company fulfills its tasks in accordance with the applicable legislation including the Human Health and Safety Legislation and the Labor Law No. 4857.
- 3. To Whom and For Which Purposes The Processed Personal Data May Be Transferred
Your personal data and sensitive personal data may be transferred to the Company's group companies, Mutlu Holding and/or the Company's subsidiaries in the country and abroad including South Africa, the shareholders, officers and business partners of the Company and the above-listed companies and public agencies and institutions in accordance with the terms specified in Articles 8 and 9 of the LPPD, and may be processed by these institutions to which transfers were made, provided that this will be limited to the achievement of the purposes set forth in Article 2 of this Information Notice.
- 4. Method and Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
Your personal data and sensitive personal data are collected via all kinds of verbal, written or electronic channels with the information and documents you submitted during your job application, job interview, your recruitment procedures and/or for the achievement of the purposes set forth in Article 2 of this Information Notice.
The legal grounds for collecting your personal data are as follows:
• If your explicit consent has been obtained for the collection of your personal data;
• If it is explicitly stipulated in the law;
• If it is necessary in order to protect the life or physical integrity of the data subject or another person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
• If it is necessary to process your personal data, provided that it is directly related to the execution or performance of the contracts you will sign as a result of the job interviews;
• If it is necessary [to process personal data] for fulfillment of a legal obligation of the data controller;
• If the relevant information is disclosed to the public by yourself;
• If processing is mandatory to establish, exercise or protect a right;
• If it is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Company, provided that the fundamental rights and freedoms are not harmed.
The legal grounds for collecting your sensitive personal data are as follows:
• If your explicit consent has been obtained for the collection of your sensitive personal data;
• Cases listed in the law where your sensitive personal data excluding data concerning health and sexual life are permitted to be processed;
• Without seeking your explicit consent, your personal data concerning health or sexual life can only be processed for the purposes of protection of public health, preventive medicine, medical diagnosis, performance of treatment and care services, and planning or sustaining health-care services by an authorized body or persons who are under the obligation of confidentiality.
- 5. Your Rights As a Data Subject listed in Article 11 of the LPPD
Your rights under Article 11 of the LPPD are as follows:
• To learn whether any personal data related to you is processed;
• If your personal data is processed, to request information on such processing;
• To learn the processing purpose of the personal data and whether such collected data is used for the intended purpose;
• To learn the identity of third parties to whom personal data is transferred in or out of the country;
• To request correction of any personal data which is processed incompletely or inaccurately, and request this correction to be communicated to third parties to whom personal data was transferred;
• In the event the reasons for processing personal data cease to exist, although such data had been processed in compliance with the LPPD and other applicable legal provisions, to request your personal data to be deleted or disposed of, and to request third parties to whom personal data was transferred to be informed of this operation;
• To file an objection against an outcome which is against your interest, as a result of analysis of the processed data exclusively with automated systems, and
• To claim compensation of any damages suffered as a result of unlawful processing of the personal data.