How to Jump Start a Battery?
• Make sure that the battery you use for connection of one battery to another is of same amperage.
• Switch off the engine and all electrical components.
• First, the red cable end is connected to the (+) terminal of the the discharged battery; then the other end is connected to the terminal of the charged battery.
• And then the black cable end is connected to the terminal (-) of the charged battery and the other end of cable is connected to any metal part of the vehicle having the discharged battery.
• Make sure the cables do not contact with any moving or hot things such as exhaust and impeller.
• And start the vehicle with the charged battery first, and then start the vehicle with the discharged battery.
• After the cars start, you may remove the jumper cables, starting with the vehicle with the discharged battery.